Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information because it helps us deliver a superior level of customer service. It enables us to give you convenient access to our services and focus on categories of greatest interest to you. In addition, your personal information helps us keep you posted on the latest announcements, software updates, special offers, and events that you might like to hear about.
What information we collect and how we may use it
There are a number of situations in which your personal information may help us give you better services. For example:
- We may ask for your personal information when you’re discussing a service issue on the phone with an associate, downloading a software update, participating in an online survey, or purchasing a service.
- When you interact with Coro, we may collect personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, billing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; your credit card information and information about the Coro services to which you subscribe, such as your account numbers and date of commencement of service; and information relating to a support or service issue.
- We may also collect information for market research purposes — such as your channel preferences and use — to gain a better understanding of our customers and thus provide more valuable service.
- We collect information regarding customer activities on our website. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of our websites or services are of most interest to them. We may use this information to customize your experience and suggest and offer you products according to your preferences. We may also use this information to identify patterns and trends of use, but will only release or publish any such information in a manner that preserves your anonymity.
- We may use personal information to provide services that you have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve Coro’s services.
- You must opt in to receive commercial communications and may opt out of receiving future commercial communications at any time. We only send commercial e-mails to customers who have requested or consented to receive e-mails about our services and products. We do not send unsolicited commercial e-mails (“spam”), buy or sell e-mail lists, or use purchased or harvested e-mail lists. We offer commercial e-mail recipients the opportunity to opt-out of further communications in every e-mail. If you would like to opt-out of receiving further communications, please follow the directions in the e-mail received.
- Your ID and related information. The Coro website, as well as Coro’s services, allow you to create an “ID” based on your personal information. This convenient service saves you time and allows for easier use of our web services. Here’s how it works: You create a personal profile — providing your name, phone number, email address, and in some cases your billing address or a credit card number — and choose a password for security. The system saves your information and assigns you a personal ID — in many cases simply your email address, because it’s unique and easy to remember. The next time you request service from the Coro website or add a new location, all you need to do is enter your ID and password; the system looks up the information it needs to assist you.
When we disclose your information
Coro takes your privacy very seriously. Coro does not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers.
With our service providers, vendors, and strategic partners:
There are also times when it may be advantageous for Coro to make certain personal information about you available to companies that Coro has a strategic relationship with or that perform work for Coro to provide services to you on our behalf. These companies may help us process information, extend credit, fulfill customer orders, deliver services to you, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our services, or conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are also obligated to protect your personal information in accordance with Coro’s policies, except if we inform you otherwise at the time of collection. Without such information being made available, it would be difficult for you to purchase services, have services delivered to you, receive customer service, provide us feedback to improve our services, or access certain services, offers, and content on the Coro website.
If you opt to receive commercial emails from us notifying you of special offers, we will use such information to notify you of such offers. If you opt to receive commercial emails from third parties to whom we provide your information, we will disclose such information to such third parties.
At times we may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
We may transfer part or all of your information in the case of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other sale of all or a portion of our assets or stock.
How we protect your personal information
Coro takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
The Coro website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is required. To make purchases from the Coro website, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Safari, Netscape Navigator 3.0 or later, or Internet Explorer. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it’s transmitted over the Internet.
You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser like Safari.
Integrity of your personal information
Coro has safeguards in place to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date for the purposes for which it is used. Naturally, you always have the right to access and correct the personal information you have provided. You can help us ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by checking your profile.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 for marketing purposes. If a child under 13 submits personal information to Coro and we learn that that personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
Cookies and other technologies
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Coro will not use the information collected to market directly to that person.
In some of our email messages we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Coro website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply avoid clicking text or graphic links in the email.
Our companywide commitment to your privacy
Coro takes protecting your privacy very seriously. To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate these guidelines to Coro’s employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company. In addition, Coro supports industry initiatives, such as TRUSTe, to preserve privacy rights on the Internet and in all aspects of electronic commerce.